Tuesday, February 28, 2012

"Go ye into all the world..."

I've done what may be a rash thing. It is a good thing, though, and while I know I really have no idea what I've let myself in for, I believe this is the time.

I'm going on a missions trip to Honduras this July (7-14). I honestly don't know if I have the stamina for such a trip. I don't know if my motives are entirely pure. But I know that now's the time.

Our church puts together a team every year, and every year they come back with testimonies about how God worked over the week. And every year I've waffled and decided against going.

Until now.

So with some trepidation, I'm setting out to raise the funds I need and physically and spiritually prepare myself for whatever awaits me there. We'll be working with a local ministry- originally a soup kitchen, which grew into a full fledged mission with outreach to the outlying villages. I'm excited about this because I love working with children. I'm hoping that I'll have at least a little Spanish under my belt before I go. I'd like to be able to talk to them...

I need to raise somewhere between $1500 and $2000 by May 1st, so if you can, if you will, if you are led, please contribute! I'm still looking into ways for my online friends to do so. If anyone has any ideas for fundraising, please share! Right now I'm looking into a paypal widget on my blog, and/or one of two sites- www.razoo.com and www.gofundme.com. I'll let you know when I have it all up!

Meanwhile, whether you can contribute or not, please pray for me and the rest of the team (including my Dad! Yay!).

God bless,

~Sarah / Lys / Elspeth :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment