Monday, August 15, 2011

Day 15- Music and the Pen

...or keyboard.

I haven't done a lot of serious writing in a long time, but when I did, I had a very definite playlist I chose from.

1. "Braveheart" soundtrack. Nice and long album of stirring Celtic music.

2. My personal Enya mix. Ebudae was perfect for my scenes on Kyle (that's ky-lee) Island, where the longboats cut fearlessly through the mist, bringing warriors to defend the far-flung shores from their fierce neighbors... I think the best tracks, though, were from her album "The Celts".

3. "Gladiator". Not so much as the other two, but some. I had that album for years before finally watching the movie...

4. On occasion, the "Anna And The King" soundtrack, though oddly enough I found it better for math class. I don't know why, but I'd breeze through an otherwise near-impossible class if I was playing it. "Tuptim" was my favorite track for writing, I think.


Last day... what will I write tomorrow? I'm not sure. I've had a lot of things banging around in my head, but haven't had the brain time to put them to paper or keyboard. I suppose we'll see.

Until then, the Lord bless you and keep you.

No comments:

Post a Comment